Acosta Sales & Marketing Specialist, Purchasing II in jacksonville, Florida
The Purchasing Specialist II, will be responsible for project sourcing and purchasing of print media, displays, fulfilment services and promotional collateral, with a total annual value on all projects of approx. $1,000,000. The Purchasing Specialist II will work closely with the Client Services team, managing forecasts, timelines, concepts, creative, and budgets. They will negotiate the cost of goods with vendors and handle the procurement process from start to finish. They may also work in tandem with Project Managers, ensuring those subject projects are delivered on time and on budget. This individual will also be more involved in the training program with regards to onboarding new hires.
The incumbent(s) in this position should exhibit the following Acosta values:
People Minded – Must show dignity and respect to all people
Integrity – Must exemplify the highest degree of ethical behavior
Results Oriented – Must show passion, pride and commitment to succeed
Trust – Must be honest, sincere and confident
Teamwork – Must build trusting relationships
Innovation – Must progress through a combination of creativity, common sense and vision
Balance – Must maintain an optimistic attitude and keep perspective on what is important in life.
1. The Purchasing Specialist II, will oversee the day to day sourcing and purchase requests.
2. Involved with identifying departmental risks and implementing new ideas to improve processes.
3. Assists with RFP process on major projects and initiatives valued at less than $1 Million per RFP.
4. Maintains the Order Reports and ensures all accounting questions are answered in a timely fashion.
5. Mitigates discrepancies caused by the imbalance of the order report between vendor and/or sales representatives.
6. Attends regular purchasing and Project Management meetings.
7. Assist with training new hires on all systems, processes, policies and procedures.
8. Meeting the physical requirements – listed below
9. Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Work Experience Requirements:
3 + years exp in purchasing or equivalent work experience
Experience with sourcing products and vendor cost negotiation preferred
Proven ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
Proven experience multi-task and managing various projects at the same time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
Knowledgeable and proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Strong analytical and organization skills
Ability to problem solve.
To learn more click HERE
Work State US-FL-jacksonville
Job ID 2020-179190
Work City Jacksonville
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Work Zip 32256
Starting average hours per week 37.5 +
Category Corporate Jobs