Acosta Executive administrative assistant in Chicago, Illinois
Executive administrative assistant
Aids executive in staff capacity by handling a wide variety of situations involving the administrative functions of the office that cannot be brought to the attention of the executive. The incumbent operates under general guidelines, using considerable judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations. Applies to those associates reporting to the CEO, President and/or their direct reports.
* The incumbent(s) in this position should exhibit the following ACOSTA values: *
* People Minded * – Must show dignity and respect to all people
* Integrity * – Must exemplify the highest degree of ethical behavior
* Results Oriented * – Must show passion, pride and commitment to succeed
* Trust * – Must be honest, sincere and confident
* Teamwork * – Must build trusting relationships
* Innovation * – Must progress through a combination of creativity, common sense and vision
* Balance * – Must maintain an optimistic attitude and keep perspective on what is important in life
* Some Essential Functions of this Position:*
Interprets and adopts guidelines, including unwritten policies, precedents, and practices, which are not always completely applicable to changing situations.
Contacts or responds to contacts from high ranking individuals who may be from large national or international firms and may involve unique situations and each contact must be handled differently, using judgment and discretion.
In executive’s absence, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member.
As needed, interprets request and helps implement action, decides whether executive should be notified of important or emergency matters.
Assists in training of new administrative associates.
Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the executive for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc.
Reads publications, regulations, and directives and takes action or refers those that are important to executive and staff.
Notes commitments made by executive or staff during meetings and arranges for implementation or staff follow up.
Gathers appropriate data and prepares special or ad-hoc reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources. Prepares presentations using PowerPoint.
Assists executive with administrative details, usually of a confidential nature. May include assisting in deduction resolution.
Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and conducts visitors to employer or appropriate person.
Reads and routes incoming mail.
Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by employer.
Composes letters and memoranda from dictation, verbal direction, or from knowledge of company policies or procedures.
May take dictation in shorthand or by machine and transcribes notes or transcribes from voice recordings.
Composes and types routine correspondence. Files correspondence and other records. Maintains filing system.
Answers telephone and gives information to callers or routes call to appropriate official and places outgoing calls.
Schedules appointments for executive. Assists in preparation of conference meetings.
Keeps working lists up to date.
May keep attendance and payroll records.
* Minimum Education Requirements: *
- High School Diploma with Associate’s degree and/or formal secretarial or administrative training or certification (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
* Experience Requirement: *
- Must have 7 years or more of secretarial and/or administrative assistant experience. Must have at least five years experience working for middle management or executive level.
* Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements: *
- Must have excellent level of expertise in spreadsheet and word processing software. Must be able to type 60 wpm and be completely familiar with presentation software. Must present a consistently professional demeanor and be able to work in a highly visible position. Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to organize tasks, establish priorities, maintain confidentiality and work as a team player.
* Why Mosaic? *
Consistently voted one of the best places to work, Mosaic North America gives you the opportunity to work with the world’s most beloved brands that you know and use every day. Every employee is given the keys to charter new ground as they collectively live in the moment of building experiences together. We are a cast of diverse, yet like-minded individuals and we believe in taking risks, creating shared experiences not just for our clients, but for each other to guarantee we’re making the next chapter of everyone’s story the most memorable one yet.
* DISCLAIMER: * Acosta/ Mosaic North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Mosaic reserves the right to modify all or part of any job descriptions at its discretion in order to meet and or exceed the needs of the business.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs, to the extent required by law
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.
Primary Location US-IL-Chicago
Shift Day Job
Job Posting Aug 9, 2022, 2:30:29 AM
Job Number: 1238373xEXASCHI